A large number of sectors have been hit hard by the COVID-19 crisis. Where some had no gains at all, others were on the rise. One of the few that has experienced growth during these difficult times is eLearning, which helps people improve their knowledge.
What is an eLearning Portal?
eLearning refers to electronic learning in which education is delivered through multiple digital services, for example, computers, laptops, tablets, etc. It allows students to study without being physically present in the classroom.
Many eLearning platforms such as Udemy or Coursera, have achieved great popularity because of their offering. These platforms provide flexibility to the learners as they can access the course at any time and from anywhere. In addition, they offer many cost-effective options compared to traditional classes.
Thinking of building an eLearning platform? You can have a word with the best developers providing web design and development services.
Benefits of using an eLearning Portal
- Quite valuable at giving good outcomes
- Learn from anywhere and anytime
- Supports every individual learning style and needs
- Time efficient
- Easily adaptable and consistent
- Able to pull analytics
- Environmental sound
- Bring more flexibility
- Providing continued education for vulnerable groups
- Promotes collaboration
- A better solution to teacher shortages
Why Build an eLearning Platform?
Although the transition to a global eLearning environment had been difficult in many aspects, it also provided various benefits. Some of them are the following:
- Flexibility: With the help of eLearning, work and study can be combined in a way that doesn’t restrict itself to the classroom, town, or country.
- Self-paced learning: To rectify what you’ve failed to do, simply go back to the previous lectures, or lessons.
- Time-efficiency: According to the survey, eLearning usually takes 40 to 60% less time investment from the student than a traditional classroom.
- Control over studies: Students learning online can choose their comfort level and according to IBM, students can understand five times better in online courses than in traditional courses.
- High retention rates: It’s always a problem to keep students busy during the course. However, according to the survey, eLearning has increased the retention rate of students by 25 to 60%, compared to 8 to 10% for traditional learning.
Steps to Build an eLearning Website
To properly showcase your idea, you have to look out for the numbers. According to a survey, the market of eLearning is going to reach $300 billion by 2025. To attain success in the business, you have to make an effective and affordable product.
Define your Niche:
Think of the courses you’re going to offer. Target the most common sectors such as businesses and entrepreneurship, healthcare, fitness, people development, arts and crafts, computers, and technology. Consider your learners’ demographic, gender, educational background, and primary goals as well as learning preferences.
Choose a Better Business Model:
Deciding the best model is essential while building an eLearning website. This will tell how you can earn money through your platform:
- Paid Certificates
- Subscription Based
- Affiliated Model
- Corporate Collaboration
- Paid Courses
Add Must-have Features:
The base of almost any educational platform is its features. You can divide the features into students, teachers, and administrative panels in general. It is an amazing way of proving your solution’s usefulness for real-life users, by making one MVP with just the essential features.
Student Profile Features
- Search, category, and filter
- Easy payment options
Teacher Profile Features
- Course creation and updates
Admin Profile Features
- Add, edit, remove users
- Add, edit, remove courses
- Statistic reports
- Manage notifications
- Subscription plan change
Choose Development Approach:
You now have two options to make a site like Udemy or Coursera. It can be made from scratch or you can choose a readymade solution from the market.
Work with Good Educators:
A good UX and UI and first-class performance will not give you success without great content. The content needs to be provided by a top educationist, so it’s worth considering cooperating with universities and other educational institutions.
A tremendous opportunity for businesses to develop solutions is arising from continuously growing demand. It is important to remember that a highly competitive environment means that your product must have expected functions and learning experiences. If you got stuck somewhere while building an eLearning platform, better to have a word with the professionals providing web design and development services in India.