Summer is a season of fun in the sun, but it can also be tough on your skin. With heat, humidity, and UV rays, your skin can easily become dry, dull, and damaged. That’s why adjusting your skincare routine is important to keep your skin healthy and glowing all season long. In this Summer Skincare 101 guide, we’ll share some essential tips and tricks to help you protect and nourish your skin during the hot months.
Tips to swear by in summers.
- Cleanse gently. With the heat and sweat, it’s important to keep your skin clean, but avoid using harsh cleansers that can strip away your skin’s natural oils. Opt for a gentle, non-foaming cleanser that removes dirt and impurities without drying out your skin.
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating can help remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and promote cell turnover, essential for a healthy, glowing complexion. However, be careful not to overdo it, especially if you have sensitive skin. Use a gentle scrub or chemical exfoliant once or twice a week to avoid irritation.
- Hydrate and protect. The sun’s UV rays can cause skin damage, premature ageing, and even skin cancer. That’s why it’s crucial to protect your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Apply it generously to your face and body, and reapply every two hours if you’re sweating or swimming.
- Treat specific concerns. If you have specific Summer Skincare concerns such as acne, dark spots, or wrinkles, you can use targeted treatments to address them. Look for products that contain active ingredients like salicylic acid for acne, vitamin C for dark spots, or retinol for wrinkles. However, be careful not to layer too many products that can irritate or sensitize your skin.
- Eat and drink for healthy skin. Last but not least, remember that healthy skin starts from the inside out. Make sure to eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats to nourish your skin. Drink plenty of water and avoid excessive alcohol, caffeine, and sugary drinks that can dehydrate your skin.
Summer skincare DIYs
Summer is the season of fun and sun, but it can also take a toll on your skin. Whether you’re dealing with sunburn, dryness, or breakouts, some simple and effective DIYs can help you take care of your skin naturally and affordably. In this article, we’ll share some of the best summer skin DIYs you can try at home.
#AloeVera Gel for Summer Skincare
Soothing Aloe Vera Gel is a natural remedy for sunburn and skin irritation. To make a soothing aloe vera gel, scoop out the gel from a fresh leaf and blend it in a blender until smooth. Apply the gel to your sunburned or irritated skin and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
#Refreshing Cucumber Toner
Cucumber is a cooling and hydrating ingredient that can help soothe and tone your skin. To make a refreshing cucumber toner, blend a peeled and chopped cucumber in a blender until smooth. Strain the juice and mix it with equal parts of water. Store the toner in a spray bottle to refresh your skin throughout the day.
#Nourishing Coconut Oil Body Scrub
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help soften and nourish your skin. To make a nourishing coconut oil body scrub, mix 1 cup of granulated sugar with ½ cup of melted coconut oil and a few drops of essential oil (such as lavender or peppermint). Gently massage the scrub onto your skin in circular motions and rinse it off with warm water.
#Acne-Fighting Tea Tree Oil Toner
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient that can help fight acne and prevent breakouts, making it a great addition to your summer skincare routine. Mix 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts water to make an acne-fighting toner. After cleansing, apply the toner to your face with a cotton pad and leave it on to dry. For added benefits, you can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your moisturizer or facial oil.
#Brightening Lemon Juice Mask
Lemon juice is a natural source of vitamin C that can help brighten and even out your skin tone. Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a brightening lemon juice mask. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
These summer skin DIYs are simple, natural, and effective ways to care for your skin without breaking the bank. Give them a try and enjoy healthy and glowing skin all season long!
With these Summer Skincare 101 tips, you can enjoy the season without sacrificing your skin’s health and beauty. Remember to listen to your skin’s needs and adjust your routine to keep it happy and glowing.